Picture of Megan Twining
Student Supervision Policy
by Megan Twining - Friday, 18 January 2013, 12:59 PM

Hello Again Task Force!

In this forum you will find a straightforward policy for student supervision.

This is a new policy.

The use of Voodle as a means of communication is meant to be a way for Task Force members opinions to be heard in a concise and professional manner. 

Each response should be directed to me, not to each other.  I will monitor this discussion forum.  It is not necessary to state your opinon more than one time :)

In the spirit of consensus building, Please allow the following quesiton to guide your feedback:  Can I live with this policy as drafted? 

Thank you :)

Megan Twining

Picture of Jennifer Krieg
Re: Student Supervision Policy
by Jennifer Krieg - Wednesday, 23 January 2013, 11:28 AM

The only thing I would like to add or bring up to the policy committee is that I do not believe parents should be allowed to be with their children in the classrooms after the teacher has left. Yesterday we had a lower school meeting and when we were leaving, at 4:30, there were 3 parents and their children hanging out in a lower school classroom.  This contributes to the fact that our campus is very different from schools in the US and other international schools. Usually when you enter a school, you are entering through a common area or office. This stops parents and visitors from freely walking around the school. I 100% agree that students should be supervised at all times and I understand that after school, parents are going to be picking up their children from activities, however I think we need to be more vigilant in what the parents and visitors are doing and where they are at all times when on campus. 

Picture of Megan Twining
Re: Student Supervision Policy
by Megan Twining - Wednesday, 27 February 2013, 12:28 PM

This policy will be voted on by the Board this Friday, March 1.  I will let you know if the policy is approved.

Skip Navigation

Navigation