Picture of Megan Twining
Language Policy
by Megan Twining - Thursday, 25 April 2013, 04:34 PM

Dear Task Force, 

Please see attached two documents for a NEW policy on language.  It is a supporting strategy of the Cultural Strategic Goal to embed English into AISV's culture and community.  If approved, this policy will become effective at the start of the 2013-14 school year.

This policy is meant to not only promote language proficiency and transparency, but enrich educational, social and professional experiences.  Language is the common thread which unites our community. 

Your comments are most welcome!

Picture of Angela Lee
Re: Language Policy
by Angela Lee - Friday, 26 April 2013, 08:07 AM

I like it. I think it will make things easier to have students and teachers only communicating in English. 

Picture of Amy Jennette
by Amy Jennette - Friday, 26 April 2013, 11:41 AM

Thanks Megan, I agree, this is a great policy and should be strongly enforced.  I hear only Russian and Lithuanian in the halls when I am there, so this would be great for me as someone who only speaks English and will also strengthen the language skills of the kids.

Picture of Megan Twining
by Megan Twining - Friday, 26 April 2013, 04:54 PM

Thanks for positive feedback.  Used many other CEESA schools as models for the policy.  It was in the works for the Strategic Planning action day, and so, would have been rolled out on that day, but when we decided to postpone it.   I thought that it was important enough to establish before new children are playing on our playground, and new staff and faculty get here next year.  If everyone starts off on the same foot during David's orientations then it should be a nice transition.

Skip Navigation

Navigation